2019 EOA Achievers Call for Nominations
Educational Opportunity Association (EOA) 45th Annual Conference
November 10-13, 2019 in Omaha, NE
Nominate Someone Today!
The public recognition of outstanding former TRIO/GEAR UP participants is a special event that gives our TRIO/GEAR UP community an opportunity to congratulate our alumni on their successes. This award further serves as a source of pride in the knowledge that TRIO/ GEAR UP continues to make a difference in the lives of thousands of first-generation and low-income students throughout the EOA region and the United States.
Criteria for Selection of EOA Achievers
The EOA Achiever nominee must:
● be a former TRIO/GEAR UP program participant who successfully completed a TRIO/GEAR UP program in the EOA region;
● have a Baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
● be a person of high stature within his/her profession or has received recognition for outstanding achievements in their field;
● have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions; and
● acknowledge that participation in the TRIO/GEAR UP program had a significant impact in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives.
● TRIO/GEAR UP staff professionals, who are also TRIO/ GEAR UP alumni, are eligible to be nominated.
EOA Achievers Nomination Procedures
The nominator must be a current member of EOA.
Please note the new procedure for 2019:
● nominees now include TRIO and GEAR UP participants
● nomination form
● electronically submitted photo of nominee;
● letter of support from nominator;
● personal statement from nominee which includes the impact TRIO/GEAR UP had on his/her educational and/or professional objectives; and
● nominee resume
Submission deadline: August 16, 2019
Priority Consideration Submission Date: July 19, 2019
Selected EOA Achievers will be asked to attend a luncheon in their honor at the EOA Conference the afternoon of November 12, 2019 and give a 7-10 minute speech. Travel and accommodations will be provided by EOA.
Lisa Edwards and Ava McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org