EOA Phyllis Gray Memorial Scholarship
This one-time scholarship is sponsored by the EOA Foundation Board of Directors. Students are nominated by TRIO/EOP professionals in their respective Chapters. This scholarship is awarded by the EOA Foundation and is non-renewable.
One award of $1,000 to an EOA recipient. Each Chapter may select a semifinalist (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin). One scholarship recipient will be chosen.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be from a first-generation or low-income background and/or is a student with a disability;
- Be enrolled, or anticipated enrollment for current high school seniors, in a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the next academic year; must be a graduating high school senior with full or part time anticipated enrollment in an accredited two or four-year post-secondary institution;
- Have cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service; and
- Reside within the EOA region.
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education
2. Your commitment to community service
3. Why the EOA Phyllis Gray Memorial Scholarship is important to you
A digital headshot photo of applicant must also be on file with the Nominator in case applicant is selected as a recipient.
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later.
Click your Chapter link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
ILLINOIS: (Due March 31, 2018)
INDIANA: (Due March 31, 2018)
IOWA: (Due March 16, 2018)
MICHIGAN: (Due March 31, 2018)
MINNESOTA: (Due March 31, 2018)
MO-KAN-NE: (Due March 15, 2018)
OHIO: (Due March 31, 2018)
WISCONSIN: (Due March 31, 2018)