Ralph L. Pruitt Memorial Scholarship
The Ralph Pruitt Fund was the first fund established by the EOA Foundation and the first scholarship funded by EOA. Dr. Ralph Pruitt was a math professor at Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Pruitt was one of the founders of EOA.
One award of $1,000 to the Indiana Chapter. (The scholarship awards are distributed based on the existing chapter rotation schedule.) The student selected by the Chapter Scholarship Committee will be the recipient for that Chapter. No further review occurs.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a current TRIO/EOP participant;
- Be enrolled in, or anticipate enrollment for current high school seniors, a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate involvement in co-curricular and/or community activities;
- Reside within the EOA region.
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education
2. Your co-curricular and/or community involvement
3. Why the EOA Ralph Pruitt Scholarship is important to you
A digital headshot photo of applicant must also be on file with the Nominator in case applicant is selected as a recipient.
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later.
Click link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
INDIANA: (Due March 31, 2018)
Ralph Pruitt Scholarship Recipients
2018 Brandon Sosa Purdue SSS
2017 Amanda Otto Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Cambridge Campus
2016 Tin Tran Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
2015 Haggi Amirally Carl Sandburg College, Galesburg, IL
Ziara Randolph Orr Academy High School, Chicago, IL
2014 Oscar Lemus TRIO Student Support Services, Emporia State University